Monday 13 July 2020

Best couples in dramas I've watched



No ranking, like children, I love all of them equally ;)


Kamiya Naoki & Shirakawa Riko, Buzzer Beat

They're both nice and honest people, and passionate about their chosen professions. Friends first, they encourage each other when they're feeling down. They care a lot for each other. There is cute, angst and romantic chemistry. Riko is a bit more outspoken while Naoki is quieter. She helps him feel more confident and he helps her feel secure. Their growing connection, the obstacles they face, everything is so good.
This drama made me fall in love with Shirakawa Keiko (I was already in love with Yamashita Tomohisa ^^).
"Love makes me stronger."


Kim Joo Won & Gil Ra Im, Secret Garden
portrayed by Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won

Unlike the other couples on that "best" list, I've only watched the drama in which this couple appear once (it's been twice for Coffee prince and My Lucky star, around three times for Autumn concerto, and countless times for Hotaru no hikari and Buzzer beat) so it may be harder for me to talk about them.
Anyway, they left a strong impression on me.
They're both headstrong people and start as "I can't stand this person but I'm kinda falling for them and always end up ingratiating in their lives."
They can be cute and hot, separately and together, sparks fly. Their connection is intense real fast and only goes deeper.
[2020 July 18th edit : So. I decided to to do a rewatch, to find which defining "quote" to give them. As I was watching, I wondered what I was smoking in 2012 and considered taking them off this list because for a good part of the runtime, these two are definitely not couple goals. However, for the last stretch, they work very well and are so cute that I decided to keep them.
Now, the quote, I have to go with the references to the Little mermaid. I tried to resist and find another one but the drama really leans on it, so here it is.
"... disappear like foam on the sea."]


Amemiya Hotaru & Takano Seichi, Hotaru no Hikari (season 1)
portrayed by Ayase Haruka and Fujiki Naohito

"Forced to live with my boss" ? Yeah, in theory, this is all wrong. There is a part of "opposite attract", with Amemiya being an absolute slob in her private and home life while Takano is very neat and worldly. And maybe some Pygmalion/My Fair lady vibes with Takano helping Amemiya, but in a good way, in order to build her confidence and improve herself without betraying who she is. As for Amemiya, she brings out his playful and joyful side which had been buried for some time. He also appreciates how dedicated she is when she puts her mind to it.
But, though I love them dearly, there is some kind of imbalance in their couple, with Takano being more invested and Amemiya gaining the most ? Something that unfortunately worsens in season 2 and becomes unbearable in the movie. Let's ignore the "ever after" and appreciate the quasi perfection of the first season. Oh, fair warning, this is a verrrry slow burn, if there is even a burn. They are the lost low-key couple of this list.
"AMEMIYAAAAA!!! BUCHOU!!!"


Liang Mu Cheng & Ren Guang Xi, Autumn's concerto
Portrayed by Ady An and Vanness Wu

Sorry, it was hard to find a relevant non spoilery picture. But it shows that this couple goes through very rough times.
Guang Xi is a spoiled heir but he becomes impressed by Mu Cheng's quiet strength and resilience. He helps her and for maybe the first time in her life, someone is on her side, fighting with her. She helps him take down his cynical walls, showing him that there are honest and kind people. The circumstances conspired against them, there is a lot of angst (!) and when they have their happily ever after, it's so satisfying.
Air on the G string


Go Eun Chan & Choi Han Kyul, Coffee Prince
Portrayed by Yoon Eun Hye and Gong Yoo

These two are full of chaotic energy. Their banter is funny and cute. They're both looking for direction in what to do with their lives. They help and support and encourage and care for each other. They're so natural together that it seems that they're a couple even before they're actually a couple.
"It’s so warm and great that I almost forgot that I’m in a lie."



Xia Zhi Xing & Zhong Tian Qi, My Lucky Star
Portrayed by Yoo Ha Na and Jimmy Lin

They both are outspoken and confident people, who need a new start. They start as enemies but they work so well as a team. They have great chemistry (obviously or they wouldn't be on this list).  They also go through many harships together, which shows how strong their bond is.
☆⭐☆

No comments:

Post a Comment