Sunday 29 April 2012

How I review

The titles, cast and other general information are from DramaWiki.

How I will rate:


DNF: Did Not Finish. Could be because I got busy but if I didn't bother to finish it, it was probably because I didn't like it very much anyway. However, it does not mean that it's worse than a Minus.
- Minus: I did not like it.
-/+ Minus/Plus: It was okay. I liked it but it had issues.
+ Plus: I liked it.
++ Plus Plus or Fav: One of my all-stars. A favourite of mine. I love it. It was great. Do I need to go on? I could! However, it does not mean that it's perfect and that everyone will love it. It won't be a masterpiece. But, in the end, it works.

Criteria:


Title: just for fun, it does not bear on the rating but sometimes I just don't get it.
Girl: Annoying (weak and whiny) or Amazing (kickass)? and Other Girl (if relevant)
Boy: Why does she like him? or I want him! and Other Boy (if relevant)
Relationship and/or Plot: Credible? Interesting? Bad clichés?
Other characters: Awful/great family? Friends? Bad guy?
Music: Forgettable or OMG what's the name of that song and where can I find it, I want to listen to it all day for the rest of my life??
Funny factor? Coz I like funny.
Bottom line: Random stuff I haven't mentioned and a conclusion.

And of course, after the jump, a more detailed review with spoilers for people who did watch the drama.


You will notice that I don't provide a synopsis. One of the reasons are that official synopsis are often bad (my opinion) and don't help to make a decision about watching it or not. Second, it can make you have some prejudice. For example, I didn't want to watch Buzzer Beat because I have no interest in basketball (yes, it was stupid!). Ultimately, I think I don't care about what are these people's jobs or what's the premise as long as the execution is good, the plot well done, the main characters likable, well, you know the criteria...


I also have to say that I will review dramas that I watched some time ago therefore these ones won't be as precise as the "new" ones. I will always mention when I review from memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment